This is such a fun and easy way to start your day gluten-free! SWEET POTATO TOAST, it’s genius! FUN FACT: Most grocery store “Yams” are actually a variety of sweet potatoes!
Fresh out of the toaster in the image above, and with ALL the toppings in the image below (along with a plate change since the first plate was too small). Happy toast’ing!
Sweet Potato Toast
- 1 large sweet potato
- avocado with nutritional yeast and garlic salt
- almond butter, cinnamon and blueberries
- coconut yogurt (make pink with dragonfruit powder), peanut butter and fresh fruit
- cashew cream, lox, red onion with lemon juice, capers and dill
- put an egg on it!
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Trim off both ends of the sweet potato, and slice the sweet potato lengthwise into ¼ inch thick slices.
- Arrange slices in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender but not fully cooked (you can flip them half way thru).
- Remove pan from oven and allow potatoes to cool before transferring to an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
To make the toast:
- Place sweet potato slices into a toaster or toaster oven. Toast until hot and edges are crispy. Amount of time required will depend on your toaster or toaster oven. I have to toast mine 2-3 times on a medium-high setting.
- Get creative with the toppings and enjoy!
Depending on the type of sweet potato, you might have trouble cutting it to ¼ inch slices, I definitely do with Japanese Yams (actually a sweet potato). If thicker, you can turn up the heat to 400℉ or cook for about 30 minutes.
Wanna save this recipe for later? Pin the image below 😉