This sauce has been game changer for me!!! It’s SO CREAMY that it’s hard to believe there is NO dairy in this sauce. One of my favorite comfort foods is pasta in a buttery cream sauce with lots of garlic salt. This sauce fills that unhealthy food desire without the guilt or stomach ache! This is my version of healthy comfort food 🙂
Dish pictured here is zucchini noodles with spinach, basil, spiralized carrot and oven roasted cherry tomatoes. It’s SO good!
Lemon Garlic Cashew Cream
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked in water, in your fridge, for 4-hours or overnight)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1-2 garlic cloves (to desired taste)
- Juice from 1/2 of a large lemon (or 1 whole small lemon)
- Himalayan Pink Sea Salt (to taste)
- In a high-speed blender, combine the soaked cashews (drained from the water), water, garlic, lemon juice and salt.
- Process until a smooth creamy texture (best achieved in a blender, not a small food processor).
- Use the sauce on your favorite pasta dish, buddha bowl or salad. This sauce is great cold or heated up!
Add fresh basil to enhance the flavors! Crushed red pepper is also a great addition to add a little spice.
Wanna save this recipe for later? Pin the image below 😉
Leave a Reply