With Cinco de Mayo just around the corner I wanted to share this delicious cilantro jalapeño “dip” so you can make it for your Saturday fiesta! I’m calling it a “dip” because it can be used in so many ways as a sauce. Use it inside tacos or top enchiladas, endless tasty possibilities! Serve it as a dip with chips and veggies, or keep it in a gravy boat to pour over nachos.
This recipe calls for a heaping tbsp. of pickled onions. My favorite picked onion recipe can be found here , it’s what I used for this recipe. Pickled onions are a great topping to have on hand since they are a great addition to tacos… hint hint 😉
If you don’t feel like making pickled onions, you can add red onion or omit the onion all together. It adds a lovely tang to this sauce, I mean dip!
¡Vamos de fiesta!
Cilantro Jalapeño Dip/Sauce
- 1 cup medium to firmly packed cilantro
- 2-3 jalapeños with the seeds removed
- 1/2 cup canned garbanzo beans, washed and skins removed
- 1/4 cup evoo
- juice of one lime (should be at least 2 tbsps.)
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt (add more to taste - I added 1/8 tsp. of Jacobsen's Black Garlic Salt)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 heaping tbsp. of picked onion (recipe here)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender. You can start with one jalapeño and add more to taste. If you know you like it spicy, feel free to add in a few seeds!
- Remove from food processor and let it set in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Serve with your favorite chips or veggies for dipping. Add it to tacos, burritos, nachos, or any bowl of food. Enjoy!
Wanna save this recipe for later? Pin the image below 😉